Thursday, February 10, 2011

be seduced every day

(Image courtesy of Refinery 29)

(Image via nytimes.com)

Le sigh. Valentines Day.
Someone pass me a kleenex.
Someone else warm up my bathtub and someone sharpen the razor blades, and call me when this unnecessary holiday is over.

I mean...let's talk about some cherubs with bow and arrows shall we?

Woke up this morning to read about the loving relationship between GARANCE DORÉ, a French street-fashion blogger and illustrator, and infamous Scott Schuman of The Sartorialist in the New York Times. I didn't know or ever gave it a thought to investigate Scott Schuman's love life, but made for a nice interesting read this A.M., one that makes me just swoon in thought about love and fuzzy duddies.

According to The New York Times, French Vogue’s Web site named Garance Dore one of “40 Women of the Decade,” alongside Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga. Garance Dore is the French equivalent to New York's The Sartorialist, which would make for a rather interesting call. Her move to New York has had many wondering if this was the right move for her, and would this decision cause for some competition against her lover/peer Scott Shuman? She states, 'We don’t have the same way of working,' Ms. Doré said. 'Scott is really like a hunter. He really likes to go out and walk in the street.” She prefers to shoot her friends (albeit, well dressed).'"

Scott Shuman met her around the fashion tents during fashion week. He saw that Garance had the eye, but not the proper camera equipment in order to shoot the photographs she ultimately wanted. As a gesture, from being smitten with Ms. Doré, he gave her his backup camera: a professional-grade Canon EOS 5D with a 50mm f1.4 lens.

During this time Mr. Schuman would purposely stay low key, so that Ms. Doré’s blog could blossom without interference. He didn’t even link to her site. I die.

Read more HERE.

I would say this was love at first Click. Life is love and love is life.

Don't forget to check out the upcoming movie feature on Mr. Scott Shuman on his work as The Sartorialist. It seriously brought me almost to a tearful state of pure inspirational bliss.




-Monique

2 comments:

  1. Oh!! I love this post. I'm such a sucker for a good love story. Great blog too. Glad I found it. Following!

    xx THE CHEAP

    www.cheapblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww what a great love story...yea I don't know if I would have ever put the 2 of them together....but it totally makes sense....

    jen
    http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete