Wednesday, June 22, 2011

1, 2, chop chop chop




(Collar by Wonderment)

Well I done did it. The Alexa Chung bug bit me in the ass real hard, and the only way to cure was to procure a hair cut.

Haven't taken any decent photos of myself with the new do yet. These pictures are brought to you by the courtesy of my new Macbook. Being a PC user for so long was not the business and I am so happy to be rid of that garbage that I called a computer....although I guess it served me well..enough.

I must say...having long hair and that being a woman..you know it's hard to part ways. Long hair defines a woman as sexy and womanly almost instantaneously. I'm not going to lie and tell you I don't miss it. I love waking up with bed head...not bead head cow licks....ugh.

But what I do love is the feeling of reinvention and being able to now divulge myself in my closet and play dress up once again. I was feeling a bit uninspired..but this hair cut is definitely getting me to wear more dresses...dresses in where I felt like my long hair in conjunction with body con dresses made me look like a slut bag for some reason. That's just me. I'm all about understatement...you know? I'd rather see someone's style or sexuality shine through, through the clothes that they wear, not by the body parts they choose to expose. It's not wrong in anyway, but it's just my personal preference.

If you're in the Los Angeles area my dear friend Chevonne at GoodForm gave me my hair cut. She's been cutting my very short hair styles since the early 2000's and I rarely trust anyone else to give me any drastic cuts except for her. GoodForm also is responsible for cutting the likes of Shannyn Sossamon, Chloe Sevigny and many more indie super stars that usually don't flock to the likes of Chris McMillan.

Visit her if you're in Los Angeles:


Chevonne Moore
725 North Fairfax Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323) 658-8585

If you're in NY, she makes Bi-monthly house calls to you. Like her FB to get in touch:

Chevonne's Facebook

Love,

Monique

p.s. I will be shooting new inventory hopefully this week. Everything you saw in our June Lookbook will be available for purchase soon. I'm gonna guess early July. Sorry for the slight delay! It will be one of our most coveted collection yet, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. I love what you eloquently wrote sooo much... !!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hair mo! So happy you kept my light pieces, hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute collar! the bangs look amazing on you!

    thestyle-child.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete