Friday, May 25, 2012

Meet our next LOOKBOOK fashion super STAR!




(All images generously stolen from That's Chic)

Karen and I can hardly contain it. Our excitement over our next blogger x buttons & bows collaboration with the beautiful Rachel of That's Chic is out the roof. We had such a blast with our lovely Olivia Lo of www.lustforlife.com, we thought we'd give it another go with another fashion star that's all uniquely her own!
Her style is whimsical, girly at times, androgynous some, but in a nutshell as her blog is appropriately named: she's CHIC!
Get to know her, get to love her, and see why we're mused by her style. She has the hair style I've always wanted, but never achieved. To me she's a hybrid of Kiko Mizuhara mixed in with a little bit of Alexa which is pretty swoontastic!

Check out this interview from her TEEN VOGUE Q&A:

Age: 21

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Date Started Blogging: July 2007

Why did you initially decide to start a blog?

I needed some sort of outlet for my creative boredom in high school.  
What is the story behind your blog's title?

A very embarrassing one! In high school, which was also during Paris Hilton's prime, I would mock her trademarked phrase, "That's hot." While I was very close to naming my blog after that (because I really didn't think anyone would read it), I changed it to That's Chic. Uneventful story.

If your blog had a mission statement, what would it be?

Orange County isn't as lame and snooty as the TV shows make it out to be!
How would you describe your style?

Whatever California casual is, with eclectic, contrasting quips.

Who are your favorite designers?

Phoebe Philo, Ance, Paulo Melim Andersson (where is he?) and Miuccia Prada.

Read More http://www.teenvogue.com/style/2011/08/thats-chic-blogger-profile#ixzz1vupzUPfl


xo's,

Monique


    

No comments:

Post a Comment