Thursday, October 24, 2013

Musing Over - Saint Heron


One of my biggest inspirations if you weren't aware is Solange Knowles. Now if you are not already a fan of hers, I suggest you take the time out to do some research on this amazing being. Now not only does she make some beautiful R&B sounds that generally set me into a nice throw back /90s mood, she has a timeless style and a wonderful ear (she dj's too). And not to mention the hair! Definitely a trendsetter for this century in her own light. I could go on.....Ok enough of my girl crushing. The point of this post is SAINT HERON. For those that don't know Saint Records is Solange's new boutique label and SAINT HERON is the soon to be released compilation featuring some extraordinary out of the box R&B crooners. Set to release on vinyl, cd and digitally, the artists included are Kelela, Sampha, Jhené Aiko, Petite Noir, Cassie, Jade De La Fleur, Starchild, India Shawn, and Iman Omari. Also featured are LA's own B.C. Kingdom, who are dear friends of mine that I couldn't be more proud of. The first single off of the compilation is from MD/DC native and my new obsession Kelela called Go All Night.




Sit back relax, and take a trip with a beautiful new voice that I hope you'll enjoy!
 

x De'La

No comments:

Post a Comment